When you’re choosing an Advisor, trust is essential. Before you decide on an Advisor, you should ask them a few questions such as:
How are you compensated?
• Do you receive any commissions for placing me in certain products?
• Are you independent or are you affiliated with a particular company that pays you an incentive to place me in certain products?
How will we work together?
• Will I be working with the principal of the company or will I be turned over to an associate?
• How often will we communicate?
How do you approach investing?
• What is your investment philosophy?
• What kind of investment vehicles do you use?
What are your credentials?
• What are your designations?
• Are your designations given to you by your firm or are the recognized by the industry?